Being a Registered Campus Organization (RCO)
WHAT DOES NOT QUALIFY AS A CAMPUS ORGANIZATION?
Review the following statements/questions. If your organization answered yes to any statement/questions, your organization may not qualify as a registered campus organization. This applies to both new and re-reg organizations. Schedule an advising meeting with a COVP staff to help determine if your organization can proceed as a registered campus organization.
- Signers, officers, or members are selected by a campus department (faculty/staff), academic unit, or community organization.
- My organization is a program/function, or claimed as a program/function of a campus department, academic unit, or research project.
- Membership is restricted to students enrolled in an academic class.
- My organization is solely dependent on funding from a campus department/academic unit to function or succeed.
- My organization exists solely as a closed committee for a single intended program/activity.
- Membership is closed.
- Does my organization already exist as a program/function of UCI?
- Officers/signers or members are paid, or serve as student staff to run or establish the organization.
- Staff/faculty, community members, set the goals and objectives for a student organization-- decisions cannot be made without their approval.
- The primary goal of my organization is to make income or serve as a business.