Request to Change Signers/Officers
Updates to signers/officers for the 2022-2023 academic year can be made when the Campus Organization Registration opens in July 2022.
Change of Signers Request - Spring 2022
Complete this form if you want to make any authorized signer changes within your organization. By completing this form, changes will be made to the list of individuals who are responsible for all actions of the club. All signers for student organizations must be currently enrolled UCI students.
Request for Signer/Officer changes for the duration of the 2021-2022 academic year can be submitted through this form through Friday, April 29, 2022.
- Once the form is processed, newly designated signers will receive an email informing them of the request.
- They will have one week to complete the necessary requirements to be an authorized signer.
- During the change of signer process, the registration for the organization will be designated as pending and the organization will be unable to conduct business with campus departments.
- Must have a minimum of three and a maximum of five authorized signers throughout the academic year.
- It is a signer's responsibility to request to be removed if they:
- leave the organization
- are no longer in a leadership position
- graduate/are no longer a UCI student
- Registration payment is not needed
- This form IS NOT used to request access to manage the organization's group page. To make a request to add an officer to the organization's group page, submit a request to email@example.com.
- The list of signers will be effective for the duration of the 2021-2022 academic year. Change of signers for the 2022-2023 academic year should be submitted in July 2022, during the registration process.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Change of Signers - Review Prior to Submitting|
Can I change signers/officers now?
The request to change Signers/Officers for the duration of the 2021-2022 academic year is available through Friday, April 29, 2022. Once the process is complete, the list of signers will remain in effect through June 30, 2022.
Update to Signers/Officers for the 2022-2023 academic year can be made when the Campus Organization Registration opens in July 2022.
Once our organization is recognized, when can we change signers/officers?
After an organization has been recognized, an authorized signer may submit a request to change signers for the duration of the 2021-2022 academic year until Friday, April 29, 2022. The list of signers will remain in effect through June 30, 2022.
Note: Changes to the list of signers for the 2022-2023 academic year will be made when the registration process opens in July 2022.
Can new organizations change signers/officers throughout the year?
Why would I change signers/officers? Do I have to change signers/officers throughout the year?
- One of the current authorized signers is graduating within the academic school year and cannot maintain their position after their graduation date.
- Your organization held elections within the active academic school year.
- A current authorized signer/officer does not wish to fulfill their role any longer.
Note: There must be a minimum of three authorized signers/officers listed for your organization to be recognized for the academic year.
If your organization holds elections in the Spring Quarter for the following year, you do not need to request a change of signer/officer request. Instead, you will wait until the re-registration window opens for the next year.
For example, your organization holds elections in May 2022 for the 2022-2023 academic school year. You DO NOT need to make a request to change signers/officers. You will wait until Re-Registration opens for the 2022-2023 year in July 2022 to make changes.
What are the instructions for signer/officer changes when the request form becomes available?
After the organization has been recognized, any authorized signer has the authority to request to remove or add other authorized signers. Please be sure to speak with other signers before making changes. If you think there is a mistake, please contact our office.
If your organization plans to change authorized signers/officers, please review and plan for the following:
Designate one person on behalf of the organization to submit one request form.
If you plan to remove a President or Treasurer, please designate either an existing or new officer who will assume those respective positions.
Ensure that your organization maintains a minimum of 3 authorized signers/officers, and that all new officers/signers are currently enrolled UCI students. The organization can have a maximum of 5 authorized signers/officers.
During the change of signers process, the organization's registration will be designated as pending and the organization will be unable to conduct business with campus departments.
As a signer/officer it is your responsibility to request to remove yourself if you leave the organization or if you are no longer in a leadership position. The new signers/leadership are required to re-register the organization for the next academic year.
I'd like to give additional CampusGroups access to someone
Please have an existing signer send an email from their UCI email address to email@example.com to make this request. Include the name, email, and title/role for each signer. Please include which of the following permissions you would like to be granted:
- Edit Group Settings
- Send Emails
- Create Events
- Manage Events
- Manage Members
- Manage Surveys & Forms
- Manage Tracks & Checklists
- Edit Website
- Create News
This person will:
- not be publicly visible as a group officer
- not have signer privileges
- not need to complete COOL modules and related quizzes
There is a limit of 10 total officers (signers + non-signers).